10 Ways to Get Rid of Squirrels
You worked hard to maintain a beautiful home and now you have squirrels chewing holes in it! Squirrels may seem cute when they are in a tree, but they damage your home and hang out in your warm attic.
Here are ten safe and natural ways to get rid of squirrels.
1) Use a Squirrel Repellant in your yard or garden. Some repellants are sprayed or sprinkled and others are hung in areas you wish to be squirrel-free. Many manufacturers make a repellant made from fox urine or a similar smelling substance, as foxes are natural enemies to the squirrel.
2) Keep all trash out of your yard since squirrels eat nearly anything. If they think they can find food in your yard, they will stay around.
3) Young and active cats are natural predators and would love the opportunity to chase the squirrels right out of your yard.
4) Use squirrel-proof bird feeders so the squirrels will give up on getting the seeds. Or use safflower seeds since they are too bitter for squirrels.
Photo source: http://tinyurl.com/cotsqx6
5) Try using habanera sauce or Ropel spray to prevent squirrels from chewing on your home. You can even grind up hot peppers and put them around your garden.
6) Seal ALL open areas into your home and chimney with steel so the squirrels cannot chew through.
7) Use squirrel traps to safely trap them and relocate them.
8) Trim low hanging branches from trees to prevent squirrels from jumping from the trees to your house.
9) Try setting up a feeding area for the squirrels far away from your house so they have their own area to eat and will be less likely to chew their way through your house.
10) Use a strobe light in your attic to scare the squirrels and other animals away.
If all else fails… Contact a Pest Control Specialist to help with Squirrel removal. No one can prevent wildlife from being in their natural environment, but they can be prevented from entering and damaging your home.
Spencer Pest Services is the Pest Control Company of choice for homes and businesses in Georgia and South Carolina. Call for FREE estimates at 800-868-8946.
Photo source: http://tinyurl.com/c9d9xpp